“Health is wealth” goes the old saying and nothing can be truer. In fact, when you are healthy you end up saving a lot on medical bills and medicines. So, it is actually smart to invest time and money on staying healthy and taking care of oneself which sadly many of us don’t prioritize.
But it is not too late to begin. Read on to know more.
- A comfortable pair of exercise shoes: It is crucial that the shoes that you wear for running or walking are comfortable, provides adequate support without tiring the feet. Good shoes are expensive but they are worth every penny.
- Good quality sports attire: Similarly, invest in good quality sports attire that is breathable and light; only when you feel good can you be motivated to exercise.
- Buy a bicycle: Instead of spending thousands on a four-wheeler settle for the cheaper two-wheeler which will help in your physical health. Cycle anywhere and everywhere to strengthen your muscles and give you an overall workout. Cycling involves all muscles in the body and is recommended by doctors for health.
- Buy fresh vegetables and fruits: Always eat fresh and seasonal produce in abundance to get the antioxidants kicking in your system.
- Buy meat straight from the farmer: This will ensure that you know exactly what you are getting, it is cheaper and way fresher and healthier.
- Go for regular checkups: Visit your GP for annual checkups to ensure all parts are functioning and in order. Often you can catch diseases in the initial stages with these checkups.
- Invest in mental health: Mental well being is as important as physical exercise. Make time for meditation and solitude and connect with nature and the self within.
- Make time for friends: Lighten up and enjoy the company of friends as they are the best stress busters in the world.
For more tips on healthy living refer to www.holisticboard.org